Coordinator – Scholar Enrichment Program, Australia Awards – Jobs in South Asia and Mongolia at Scope Global
Scope Global is a dynamic and driven company working across Australia, Asia and the Pacific. Our global team is united by our purpose: to empower people to positively change their world. We are committed to supporting positive social and economic change that has a lasting impact.
Scope Global is now part of Palladium, a global impact company with operations in over 90 countries. Founded in 1965, Palladium works with governments, businesses and investors to implement programs, formulate strategies, raise capital and build partnerships that have lasting social and economic impact. You can read more about our acquisition here. Effective Monday, April 4, Scope Global will be rebranded as Palladium.
About the program
The Australia Awards South Asia & Mongolia program is funded by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) and implemented by Scope Global. It is a multi-country program covering Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka through service delivery offices in Colombo, Dhaka , Islamabad, Kathmandu, Thimphu and Ulaanbaatar.
Australian scholarships are awarded to enhance the skills and knowledge of individuals so that they can contribute to the development of their country and support the continued development of ties between Australia and the countries to which it provides aid. Australian Scholarships are an important part of the Australian Government’s emphasis on public and economic diplomacy and provide scholarships, short courses and other training opportunities.
About the Opportunity
The Coordinator – Academic Enrichment Program is responsible for initiating and implementing a program of extension, experience and enhancement activities in Australia for Australian Scholars – South Asia and Mongolia and coordination of return-to-country activities. This position provides program support to scholars as they mobilize, undertake and complete their studies, and then reintegrate and join the alumni network.
- Position reports to: Deputy Team Leader
- Location: Pirie Street, Adelaide
- Type of contract: Full-time, CDD until June 30, 2024 (with possibility of extension)
For more information, please see the Specification of position and person.
- Professional experience in the Australian higher education sector, particularly working with international scholars and students
- Demonstrated high-level skills in effectively managing client and stakeholder relationships
- Excellent communication skills and experience working effectively across cultures
- Ability to write effectively and accurately in English, including for print and digital media
- Demonstrated experience coordinating large-scale events
- High-level computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Office, and experience in data entry and management
- An understanding and commitment to the principles of gender, disability and social inclusion
- Ability to manage a varied workload, balance competing demands and deliver results at specified level of quality within agreed timeframes
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills, with a high level of attention to detail
- Study experience in Australia at post-graduate level
- Familiarity with graphic design, photography and/or digital communication
- Experience with WordPress, Campaign Monitor and Adobe Creative Suite
- Familiarity with the culture and people of one or more South Asian countries and Mongolia
How to register
To visit https://scopeglobal.com/about/careers/ to learn more about the role and submit your application online. Please note that only applications submitted through our online application portal will be considered.
Applications will close on April 1, 2022.
Scope Global is an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on our diverse and inclusive workforce. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect for all employees and we encourage people from different backgrounds to apply (including people from different cultural backgrounds, people with disabilities and the LGBTIQ community). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Scope Global is a child-safe organization and will require all applicants to go through our child-safe recruitment procedures.
For more information, please contact Rod Sollesta, Deputy Team Leader at [email protected]