The Fulbright Student Program 2023-2024
January 27, 2022
Public Affairs Section
United States Embassy in Mongolia
Call for applications: PAS-Ulaanbaatar-008/FY2022
The Fulbright Student Program 2023-2024
The Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy Ulaanbaatar is now accepting applications for the 2023-2024 Fulbright Student (Overseas) Program. the online application the deadline is Monday, April 25, 2022, 8:00 a.m. ULAT. The Fulbright Student Program enables graduate students, young professionals, and artists from Mongolia to study and conduct research in the United States. The program operates in more than 160 countries around the world and awards approximately 4,000 scholarships to international students each year.
The Fulbright Student Program in Mongolia supports studies in most fields of study, but will give priority to applicants who plan to pursue studies in the following fields:
- Data science
- Artificial intelligence
- Renewable energy
- Environmental protection technology
- petroleum engineer
- mining technology
- Education / Early Childhood Education, TESOL, Special Education/
- Agricultural studies
Due to system changes between the two countries, the program does not support studies in medicine except public health and law, only masters studies in law are supported.
To qualify, applicants must:
- Be a Mongolian citizen currently living in Mongolia;
- Hold a university degree (at least BA or equivalent);
- Have a minimum of 1.5 years of full-time work experience; and
- Hold a valid English language test result (test score requirements vary by field of study, please see below).
Candidates applying to pursue studies in the following fields must have a minimum of TOEFL IBT 90, TOEFL PBT/ITP 575 or IELTS 7.00:
- Arts Administration/History
- Gender and Feminist Studies
- International Development
- International relationships
- Public Administration/Public Policy
- Political science
- Theatre/Drama/Creative Writing
- Urban/regional planning
- Veterinary Medicine
Candidates pursuing studies in fields other than those mentioned above must have a minimum of TOEFL IBT 80, TOEFL PBT/IPT 550 or IELTS 6.5.
Full online application will include the following attachments (PDF):
- In the Academic Documents section, scanned copy(ies) of diploma and transcript of all university degrees;
*The degree analysis should include all language versions (i.e. Mongolian Cyrillic, Mongolian script, English, etc.).
**Transcript must be issued by the school registrar’s office, on official letterhead with the appropriate stamp and/or signature. The transcription must be in English or provide an English translation by an authorized translation service with the original Mongolian transcription.
- Under the Study Plan, Study/Research Objective and Personal Statement section;
*Essays should each be up to two pages in Times New Roman 12 pt with a single-spaced document in PDF format.
- In the Grant & Travel Plans section, a scanned copy of the passport; and
- In the Additional Information section:
- In the Country-Specific Documents subsection, a scanned copy of the social insurance book indicating an employment period of 1.5 years or more (only in Mongolian, English translation not required)
- In the Additional Documents subsection, three letters of recommendation from individuals who can attest to your academic and professional abilities; and
! Only candidates who have not requested recommendations through the automated online system should directly upload the letters of recommendation.
!! Note that recommendations requested through the online automated system are always due on the same day and time of the application deadline.
*Letters of recommendation should be in English or attach an English translation by an approved translation service with the original letter in Mongolian.
- In the Additional Documentation subsection, a scanned copy of the official TOEFL or IELTS score report;
Please note for your application:
- Answer all questions and answer honestly. The essay must be your own work reflecting the original thought. Any use of other people’s work or ideas must be properly cited and acknowledged. False information or plagiarism will be grounds for immediate dismissal.
- Submit only the requested documents.
- All documents submitted must be in English or be accompanied by an official translation.
- Attachments in the following formats are accepted: .PDF and image files (e.g. .JPEG, .PNG, etc.)
- Incomplete applications will be considered technically ineligible. Please read the application form carefully and submit the requested additional documents.
Preference will be given to candidates who have not had extensive recent experience in the United States. Extensive experience in the United States could include:
- People with recent experience in the United States (more than 6 months in the last 5 years); and
- Individuals who have attended a graduate school in the United States for one or more academic years in the past seven years.
Persons with US permanent resident status are not eligible.
All US government scholarship programs adhere to the principle of equal opportunity. Anyone who meets the program criteria is welcome to apply, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, race, age and/or political or religious beliefs.
the online application the deadline is Monday, April 25, 2022, 8:00 a.m. ULAT. The Embassy will announce the results of applications in May-June 2022 and notify all applicants by email.
No program inquiries will be answered over the phone. Please direct all inquiries to [email protected]